-It follows the component based approach which helps in building reusable UI components.
-It is used for developing complex and interactive web and mobile UI.
-Even though it was open-sourced only in 2015, it has one of the largest communities supporting it.
Denis V. , React developer at Belitsoft (3+ years of experience with React):
The official React blog states that the idea behind React is “Learn Once, Write Anywhere”.
React is the best option if a client requires both web and mobile applications. These are completely different types of applications, however, they can be developed by hiring just one development team instead of two. That significantly reduces the development time and cost. React is ideal for cross-platform development.
When comparing React to Angular, it’s important to remember that React is a library while the other one is framework. It means that React as a library offers the opportunity to choose what architecture and additional libraries to use, for example, Redux or Mobx, while frameworks force you to use a certain structure in your code make you use things the way this framework intends. Yes, with React you need to write a large amount of the boilerplate code to follow best practices for building highly scalable and reusable apps. However, there are many professional boilerplates for React.
- Better User Experience
In the case of React, the app development companies can reuse the code components at distinct levels at any point of time. Besides, the components are isolated to each other and changes in one does not affect the other, which makes it easier to manage the updates.
This makes the React app development easier, time-saving, and efficient for developers.
- Quick Development
React allows the developers to reuse the existing code and apply hot reloading into the process. This approach not only improves the app performance, but also accelerates the development speed.
- Faster Testing
React extensively uses Redux which cut down the hassle of storing and managing component states in large-sized and complex applications with enormous dynamic elements. It helps the developers to add application state in a single object and empower every component of the app to access the application state without involving child components or using callback. This makes it easier to test the application and log data changes, along with the use of hot reloading and other such tools.
- Code Stability with One-directional data binding
ReactJS let the developers work directly with the components and employ downward data binding to ensure that the parent entities do not get affected by the changes of child entities. This approach makes the code stable and supports the idea of development in the future.
When to Use React for Developing an App?
React is the right fit for your app project when:
- You need a highly customized specific app solution.
- A myriad of components with different and often variable states – active/inactive navigation items, dynamic inputs, user login and access permissions, buttons enabled/disabled, etc. is involved in the development process.
- Components are expected to be shared across multiple applications as the app project expands.
- You wish to spend time on pre-development preparation.
- Our main expertise is Enterprise Web Applications development using variety of modern backend and frontend technologies like JAVA, ReactJs and Angular, as well as native mobile applications development based in Los Angeles, California.